Racer Information (updated 19 January 2014)
Great Brewers International Gran Prix of Gloucester
27 & 28 September 2014
Verge Series Races
UCI Cat 2, USAC Permit pending
Online Registration on BikeReg.com in the spring
8:00am – Cat 4/5 Men; 40 minutes; Medals & Merchandise – 3 deep
9:00am – Cat 4/5 Masters 35+/45+; 40 minutes; Medals & Merchandise – 3 deep
10:00am – Cat 3/4 Women/Cat 3/4 Masters Women; 40 minutes; $500 – 8 deep/ Merch 3 deep
10:01am – Junior Men 10-14 (Cat 1-4); 30 minutes; Medals & Merchandise – 3 deep
11:00am – Masters 45+; 45 minutes; $250 – 5 deep
11:01am – Masters 55+; 45 minutes; Merch – 5 deep
12:00pm – Cat 1/2/3 Masters 35+/45+; 45 minutes; $500 cash – 8 deep
12:01pm – Junior Men 15-18 (Cat 1-4); 45 minutes; $250 – 5 deep
1:00pm – Cat 3 Men; 45 minutes; $500 – 8 deep
1:50pm (Sunday Only) – Essex County Velo Kids Race
Kick Bikes – Age 5/6 – Age 7/8 – Age 9/10 – Age 11/12
2:00pm – Course Inspection
2:30pm – UCI Elite Women; 40 minutes; $2034 – 25 deep
3:30pm – UCI Elite Men/U23; 60 minutes; $2034 – 25 deep
Day-of wait-list protocol:
Riders will be allowed to sign on to the Wait-list when registration opens at the start of each day. Riders wishing to use unclaimed race numbers must add their names to the Wait-list, present their USAC license to a registration official, and fill out a blank USAC release form.
NOTE: UCI RACES ARE PRE-REG ONLY! YOU CAN NOT REGISTER FOR THE UCI RACES ON RACE DAY.
30 minutes prior to the start of each race category, sign-in for pre-registered riders will close. At that point, any unclaimed start numbers will be given away on a first-come-first-served basis, according to the order of of riders on the Wait-list. Racers must be present at this time and have a completed USCF release in-hand in order to be given a number.
For UCI events, UCI points then random draw.
For non-UCI events:
- Pre-registered Riders based on Verge series ranking
- Pre-registered Riders based on crossresults.com ranking
- Pre-registered Riders w/out crossresults.com ranking: order of registration
- Day of registration riders, order of registration
For the 10:00am race: All Cat 3/4 Women start together. The Junior 10-14 will get a separate start 1 minute after the Women.
For the 11:00am race: The Masters 45+ will start separately from the Masters 55+.
For the 12:00pm race: The Masters 35+ 1/2/3 Men will start separately from the Junior 15-18.
There is NO mail-in registration. There are no refunds.
Online Service fee applied based on Bikereg.com standard service fee rates.
If you’re off the back, enjoy the stunning ocean views!
CLUB ROW: Reserve a spot adjacent to the Finishline with other clubs. A 10×10 is $50; 10×20 is $100. A portion of the proceeds from Club Row go to two Gloucester non-profits: The Gloucester Writers Center and the Gloucester Fishermen’s Athletic Fund. If you plan on putting up a tent for your club or team you MUST reserve a spot on Club Row. Club Row spots are not available on race day – spots must be purchased in advance on BikeReg. Tents not registered on Club Row will be taken down. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• There is no camping at Stage Fort Park. Also, the surrounding streets are residential. DO NOT PARK, CAMP, CHANGE CLOTHING OR DO ANYTHING THAT IMPACTS THE NEIGHBORS. Violation may result in tickets or fines. We also reserve the right to exclude racers who violate the above from participating in GP Gloucester.
• KIDS RACE: ECV is hosting the Gloucester Kids Race, Sunday at 1:50pm. Register ON SITE near the kids race course. Kids Races are free. Ages 5-12 years old.
• Elite Men, Women and Under-23 must have UCI license. UCI upgrade may be purchased on site for $90, but MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A COPY OF THEIR PASSPORT OR BIRTH CERTIFICATE (NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!).
• Note the field limit for any race is 125. If you’re a 1/2/3 Master or a 3 Men racer, these will fill up so register early!
• If any Juniors 10-14 wish to do the Juniors 15-18 instead they are welcome to start and race with that group.
• USAC officials have given us a 125 rider limit on the course. That means for races with more than one
category, the 125 is the sum of all the individual races being run at that time.
For additional information, contact Paul Boudreau at email@example.com or visit www.gpgloucester.com
Registration: Register online at BikeReg.com – online registration closes at noon on 26 September 2012. There is a late fee for day of registrations. Late fee: $10. Day-of registration opens at 6:30am and closes 30 minutes before each event. There is no late fee for U15 Juniors.
Overlooking historic Gloucester Harbor and bound on two sides by Cressey and Half Moon Beaches, Stage Fort Park offers picnic areas with barbecue pits, a full Visitor Information center, a playground for the kids, and plenty of parking!
For additonal information on Stage Fort Park, the Essex National Heritage Area website is an excellent resource.
From Boston: Rt 93 North to 128 North, exit 14 (Rt 133) Take right off exit to go 133 East. Follow signs to Gloucester Welcome Center/Stage Fort Park. You’ll be on 133 for about 2.8 miles. Turn right at Kent Circle and go through stop signs. The race is about 50 yards past the stop signs on the left.
From Points North: Take Rt 93 South to 128 North – follow as above.
From Points West: Take Mass Pike East to 128 North – follow as above.
There is parking at Stage Fort Park however, there are restrictions. If you plan on bringing anything other than a car or small truck, you must follow the procedures listed on our Expo, Club & Parking page .
Overflow parking is located at Gloucester High School at 32 Leslie O Johnson Rd, Gloucester, MA 01930.
For information on the host hotel and other housing options, check out the Visiting Gloucester section.
GPGTechnicalGuide2013 (1.2 MiB)