Racer Information (updated 11 Aug 2010)2010 Great Brewers Gran Prix of Gloucester Technical Guide (PDF - expected to posted by late September)
Great Brewers Gran Prix of Gloucester
2 & 3 October 2010
8:00am - Cat 4 Men; 40 minutes; Medals & Merchandise - 3 deep
9:00am - Cat 4 Masters 35+/45+; 40 minutes; Medals & Merchandise - 3 deep
10:00am - Cat 3/4 Women; 30 minutes; Medals & Merchandise - 3 deep
10:00am - Junior Men 10-14 (Cat 1-4); 30 minutes; Medals & Merchandise - 3 deep
11:00am - Masters 45+; 45 minutes; $250 - 5 deep
11:02am - Masters 55+; 45 minutes; $250 - medals 3 deep
12:00pm - Cat 1/2/3 Masters 35+/45+; 45 minutes; $500 cash - 8 deep
1:00pm - Junior Men 15-18 (Cat 1-4); 45 minutes; $250 - 5 deep
1:00pm - Cat 3 Men; 45 minutes; $250 - 5 deep
1:50pm (Sunday Only) - Essex County Velo Kids Race
Kick Bikes - Age 5/6 - Age 7/8 - Age 9/10 - Age 11/12
2:00pm - Course Inspection
2:30pm - UCI Elite Women; 40 minutes; $1421 - 15 deep
3:30pm - UCI Elite Men/U23; 60 minutes; $2171 - 25 deep
Day-of wait-list protocol:
Riders will be allowed to sign on to the Wait-list when registration opens at the start of each day. Riders wishing to use unclaimed race numbers must add their names to the Wait-list, present their USCF license to a registration official, and fill out a blank USCF release form.
30 minutes prior to the start of each race category, sign-in for pre-registered riders will close. At that point, any unclaimed start numbers will be given away on a first-come-first-served basis, according to the order of of riders on the Wait-list. Racers must be present at this time and have a completed USCF release in-hand in order to be given a number.
UCI Races: UCI points, random draw
Non UCI :
- Pre-registered Riders based on Verge NECCS points
- Pre-registered Riders without Verge NECCS points, based on crossresults.com points
- Pre-registered Riders w/out Verge NECCS points crossresults ranking: order of registration
- Day of registration riders, order of registration
There is NO mail-in registration. There are no refunds.
Online Service fee applied based on Bikereg.com standard service fee rates.
UCI Cat 2 Both days. USAC permit pending.
North American Cyclocross Trophy Races 3 & 4
If you're off the back, enjoy the stunning ocean views!
• Collegiate/NCCA riders may enter their appropriate category, but must note which school they represent as their team name, race in their NCCA jersey, and show an active NCCA license at registration.
• Elite Men, Women and Under-23 must have UCI license.
• Note the field limit for any race is 125. If you're a 1/2/3 Master or a 3 Men racer, these will fill up so register early!
• In any Juniors 10-14 wish to do the U19 Juniors instead they are welcome to start and race with that group.
• USAC officials have given us a 125 rider limit on the course. That means for races with more than one
category, the 125 is the sum of all the individual races being run at that time.
For additional information, contact Paul Boudreau at 978.335.3513 email at email@example.com or visit www.gpgloucester.com
Registration: Register online at www.BikeReg.com - online registration closes on 30 September 2009. There is a late fee for day of registrations. Late fee: $10. Day-of registration opens at 7:00am and closes 30 minutes before each event. There is no late fee for U15 Juniors.
Overlooking historic Gloucester Harbor and bound on two sides by Cressey and Half Moon Beaches, Stage Fort Park offers picnic areas with barbecue pits, a full Visitor Information center, a playground for the kids, and plenty of parking!
For additonal information on Stage Fort Park, the Essex National Heritage Area website is an excellent resource.
From Boston: Rt 93 North to 128 North, exit 14 (Rt 133) Take right off exit to go 133 East. Follow signs to Gloucester Welcome Center/Stage Fort Park. You'll be on 133 for about 2.8 miles. Turn right at Kent Circle and go through stop signs. The race is about 50 yards past the stop signs on the left.
From Points North: Take Rt 93 South to 128 North - follow as above.
From Points West: Take Mass Pike East to 128 North - follow as above.
For information on the host hotel and other housing options, check out the Visiting Gloucester section.
Getting to Gloucester; Accomodations; Local Bike Shops; Food & Attrations|